About Me

My photo
Franklin Park, New Jersey, United States

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

walking on sunshine...

Sun shining bright, laughter, cool drinks and sidewalk cafes. The things that summer is made of, and it's all coming to an end. It's got me a bit down but I refuse to let it take me out. I wish I had the finances to take a cruise before the year ends but alas, I do not.
So I'll just flip through some old pics and take a trip down memory lane.




This is the view from Royal Caribbean's Serenade of the Seas. The island is St. Thomas or St. Lucia I believe. We visited so many islands on the cruise it's really hard to keep it all straight. They are all so lovely though.

I need to plan my next get away. Travel planning is my Prozac. It helps me keep the demons away. The actual execution of the trip is the exorcism for me. There is nothing better for me than waking up at dawn slipping into my bathing suit, throwing on a sarong and flip flops and heading out to the beach. As soon as my feet hit the sand I'm home. I love the beach. I pick a spot, rent a chair and prepare to relax. The sound of the waves and the smell of the salt isn't something that can be imitated. I can literally lay there for hours with or without company.

I've heard that some people don't like to go away because they come back depressed, down at the fact that they have to return to their "real life". Coming back isn't hard at all when I have a my next get away lined up. Sometimes that line-up is only in my head mind you but - hey it's lined up none the less.

I kinda wanted to hold off on planning a late winter/early spring fling since I've got two recently engaged folks out there who are having destination weddings one day soon. No dates have been set as of this minute (as far as I know) but next year is a definetly possiblity. I would like to build a vacation around one of those weddings but the suspense of waiting for a date is really killing me and I've got two friends who are jonesin' for a weekend cruise getaway. What's a girl to do?




No comments: