About Me

My photo
Franklin Park, New Jersey, United States

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

My time


My next free Saturday to myself is May 27th. This year is SO busy but, in a good way. I'm doing a lot of things that I've been talking about forever. On the one hand it feels really good to be productive but at the same time it's stressful. I can feel it in my bones that this is going to be a great year and that I'm going to burst into my 30's with all this great momentum and energy! It's exciting. I promised myself 2006 would be my year and so far it's going good. There are always going to be slips and falls, this is life not a fairy tale-but I'm ready.
I recently read an entry by Genna that talks about self image. Genna faults herself for at times thinking of herself in a negative way but finds joy in the fact that she is moving away from that way of thinking.
Anyone close to me knows that my self image isn't exactly 100%, so I can't sit here and lie. I admit, I've got a rack full of issues but, I don't want to be like that any more. I know, I know, I've said this before...lots of times before. This time I am going to be pro-active about it. I want to see myself the way others see me. I am sure that the people who care about me don't see me as harshly as I view myself. I'm going to begin to practice self acceptance.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look super cute in this pic! I know thats why it is up here for all the world to see... :)

Genna said...

This is a GREAT picture of you!! I am so proud of you that you are working towards the things you want to achieve. So many set goals and then allow themselves to fail at them. It seems you are still on the right track. Please please stop and look at yourself in the mirror. Sable had a great post on the blog about fixing your mirror. I think we all suffer from that--looking at ourselves by a broken piece of mirror. Thinking that the reflection is true and all there is. I think you are a beautiful person--inside and out.

((HUGS))