About Me

My photo
Franklin Park, New Jersey, United States

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Having the opportunity to sit in the Unit these past few weeks has been an experience. I am doing my best to empathize, I am. Some of them are very sick I realize that. I also emphasize some of them because some of them are just very crazy. I think the chemo affects brain function or something. You think I'm going to hell, do you? Well, I'm sorry after a while working anywhere wears on the nerves a bit. I'm sure you've got jokes at your job also. I just look really evil cause at my job the folks sometimes are on their way to crossing Jordan.
It's been one of those weeks. I know, I know it's tuesday. I've been at work everyday except Sunday since last Monday so pardon me, it's been one of those weeks. I need some time off because I'm getting cold, really cold and it's not good. I'm smiling and nodding and on the inside I'm saying, "If I throw a stick will you go away?". If you don't want to go away I will. I want to cuddle up in my bed right now and sleep but I can't . Good thing I'm in the Urgent Care, maybe I could get one of the RN's to put my tea on IV 'cause I'm slippin' fast.


Tomorrow I'm meeting the girls for drinks and I so need it. I can't wait. Provided I can stay awake long enough to put back a few. My plan is to stay here tonight until I put a dent in my workload, I have a Monday deadline I'm trying to make. This is the biggest thing that I've worked on in my new position and I don't want my boss to think I'm a slacker. I'm not a slacker, I'm a multi-tasker. I can IM, email, blog and work all at the same time, can't you??

1 comment:

Mafalda said...

I tell my boss the same thing, I am a multi-tasker, I can email, call someone on the phone, blog and IM all at the same time. He just doesn't get it...

If you get tea through an IV, do you think you can help me get coffee on 1 too????